Florida Law Firm Defends Clients Accused of Drug Crimes
Aggressive defense attorney serving Orlando
When you have been arrested for a drug crime, it can seem as if there is no way out. Perhaps the police found drugs in your car. Now you’re in handcuffs and you have been persuaded to confess. You know that Florida’s drug laws carry severe punishments, and you are appropriately fearful of going to jail. However, even in situations as dire as this, there are defenses available to you. You may be able challenge the legality of the stop. You can seek to have the confession thrown out. You can beat your charges. I work tirelessly to keep clients out of prison.
Relentless defender of your rights
I am dedicated to providing aggressive legal representation for people charged with drug-related offenses in Florida. I have defended clients accused of all types of state and federal drug crimes, including:
- Drug trafficking
- Drug possession
- Possession with intent to sell
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Prescription drug fraud
- Manufacturing of illegal substances
- Conspiracy to sell drugs
- Operation of a methamphetamine laboratory
- Sale of illegal substances in a school zone
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Your constitutional rights are my top priority, and I am committed to analyzing every aspect of your case to find defenses against the accusations. I am not afraid to ask the tough questions that will get results for you:
- Did the police have a legal reason to pull you over or search you?
- Did a police officer coerce you into making a confession?
- Was an informant involved in your arrest?
The answers to these questions can make all the difference in the outcome of your case, and decide whether you will be spending your nights in a prison cell or with your family at home. By challenging the prosecution at every turn, I provide the best defense for your money. By treating my clients with the utmost respect, I ensure that you are heard and that your rights are not disregarded.
How to defend yourself against the police
Every good drug defense begins with a good client, and a good client is one who is well-informed. Here are three pieces of important and useful information to remember when you are dealing with the police:
- Do not say anything. If they ask you questions, ask for a lawyer immediately.
- Do not consent to a search. Unless police officers have a warrant or probable cause, they have no authority to search you, your home, your car or your personal belongings. They can, however, ask for your consent to search. Just say no.
- Remain calm. It is always best to stay calm and be polite when dealing with the police. Getting a police officer angry at you never produces positive results.
I fight hard to obtain a positive resolution to your case.
Fight for your future. Contact me today.
If you have been charged with a drug crime, your future is on the line. Let the Law Office of H. Manuel Hernández, P.A. zealously represent your interests in court and help you take back your life. Call me today at 407-682-5553 or contact me online to set up a consultation at my Orlando, Florida office.