A Tenacious Advocate For The Accused In Orlando, Florida
My name is H. Manuel Hernandez, and I have been practicing law in Florida for more than 40 years, devoting the vast majority of my career to defending people who have been accused of felony crimes at the state and federal level.
I am board certified as a criminal trial specialist and criminal appellate specialist by The Florida Bar and certified as a criminal trial advocate by The National Board of Trial Advocacy. I put this experience to work on behalf of my clients, combining proven legal skills with the attentive service they deserve during a difficult time.
Defending Against All Felony And Misdemeanor Charges
I protect the interests of my clients at every stage of their case from pretrial through appeals. I offer a fierce defense for people accused of all types of criminal offenses, including:
- Felonies: These crimes – such as murder, rape, armed robbery, tax evasion, credit card fraud and burglary – are the most serious. Felony convictions also have the most severe consequences. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison and may be committed for life. In addition, convicted felons are stripped of many of the rights guaranteed to American citizens, including the right to vote, the right to travel out of the country and the right to own a gun. Convicted felons also have to disclose their crimes on job applications and can be deported if they are not American citizens.
- Misdemeanors: Crimes such as disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting and trespassing that are punishable by less than a year in prison. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, having a misdemeanor conviction on your criminal record can limit your employment options and can result in a jail sentence.
- Motor vehicle offenses: Including driving with a suspended license and vehicular manslaughter.
- Drug crimes: I defend clients charged with drug trafficking, drug possession, and drug paraphernalia offenses.
- Sexual offenses: These criminal charges include rape, sexual assault, lewd and lascivious offenses, solicitation, molestation and other sex crimes.
A criminal record can haunt you long after you have served your time and paid your fines. I can also help you eliminate past criminal charges from your record or have them sealed so you can move on with your life and take full advantage of the employment and educational opportunities that come your way.